Thesis 2.0 dropped this week and (like everyone else) I’ve been messing around with and getting used to the new engine and options. I am quite impressed with the new system and, knowing the Thesis user-base, I think it’s only a matter of time before some neat stuff starts showing up.
With all that being said, I went ahead and tried my hand at the new Skins, Boxes and Packages system in Thesis 2. I really just wanted to get something to work but decided I might as well take it a step further and offer the community something useful…
The Category Posts Slider
It’s a simple slider you can use anywhere in your layouts that will run through your most recent posts. It supports post images and you can even specify the categories and the amount of slides right from the options. You can also set the width, height (defaults to auto), slide animation (fade or slide), and which content to show or hide (post image, excerpt and read more).
How To Install
- After you download the file, log into WordPress and navigate to your Thesis page
- Hover Boxes in the top menu, and click Select Boxes
- Select Upload Box and find the zip you just downloaded
- Once uploaded, check the box beside Category Posts Slider and hit Save Boxes
- You can now add the Posts Slider box anywhere in your layout via the Skin Editor screen! Click the gear beside the title to set the options (see screenshot)
Don’t have Thesis 2.0 yet? Go get it! →